The “Filantropia Ortodoxă Alba Iulia” Association is a non-governmental Christian and charitable organization, acting in the field of social services, under the auspices of Archdiocese of Alba Iulia. The organization was founded in 2001, currently having 16 branches in Alba and Mureş counties. Through its mission, the organization aims to improve the quality of life in local communities by providing social, medical, cultural, educational, economic and environmental services, in Christian spirit.
Welfare carried out by the organization can be found in a wide range of services:
- 12 home care services for the seniors;
- 11 day services for children (a day centre and 10 educational centers);
- 5 residential services for children (4 homes and 1 centre for abused children recovery);
- 1 crisis centre (emergency services provided);
- 2 residential services for adults with disabilities (protected housing);
- 2 services for people with disabilities;
- 2 social canteens;
- 2 counseling services;
- 1 regional centre of social inclusion.
These types of services are addressed to all social categories that organization envisaged by its actions. Two new social services were accredited in 2011 and the authorization for personal data operator for European projects was obtained.
President: Fr. counselor Nicolae Călin Ignat
Director: Laura Pleşa
Str. Mihai Viteazu nr. 16, Alba Iulia 510010, Alba county
Tel./ Fax: 0040 258 817.766