The “Vasiliada” Association is a non-governmental organization with Christian and social character, founded in 2001, under the patronage of the Oltenia Metropolitanate. The President of honor is His Eminence Acad. Dr. Irineu, Archbishop and Metropolitanate of Oltenia Craiova.
The organization offers social services to persons, families, social groups and to communities who are in difficult situations or situations that generate social marginalization, the organization being based on love for people. Since its set-up, the “Vasiliada” Association became one of the most representative philanthropic NGO from south-western Romania.
Its services are targeted to many categories of people such as children under school dropout risk, post-institutionalized young adults, Rroma children and young adults, young adults with disabilities, old people, homeless persons, unemployed or inactive persons on the labor market, prisoners or persons released from the detention systems, victims of family violence.
The “Vasiliada” Association is an active member of the local community in the social field by being present in various organizations and city, county and national councils, with responsibilities in this field:
- South-West Oltenia Territorial Pact for Employment and Social Inclusion
- County Commission Against-Poverty and for Promoting Social Inclusion;
- National College of Welfare Specialists in Fomania;
- Accrediting Commission of the County Social Service Providers Dolj
- Local steering group HIV / AIDS
- Working group on social inclusion through the Open Method of Coordination;
- specialists in fundraising APARTE Network
His Eminence Irineu, Archbishop of Craiova and Metropolitan of Oltenia.
Pr. counselor Adrian Stănulică
Str. Fraţii Buzeşti nr. 20, Craiova, Dolj county
Tel./ fax: (0040 251) 521 040